Posted by: Meg | 2008-12-05

Low blood pressure

The last time I went to the doctor my blood pressure was 93/60 and my pulse was at 61. I am not sure if that is good for me or not but it has me concerned.

Dear Meg

Thank you for visiting

You have nothing to be concerned about. If you do experience symptoms of low blood pressure, like dizziness and nausea, you can ask your doctor about Effortil Perlongets.

Kind regards

Posted by: Von | 2016-02-29

Is there a replacement for Akrinor yet?

Reply to Von

where can i get Akrinor or similiar, please i need it urgently , thanks

Akrinor is off the market which did well for me, effotil would have been a good alternative if it wasn't off the market as well, the marmite and water version doesn't have the same effect and I still get dizzy when taking it. Is there any hope of akrinor and/or effortils comming back on the market. Tania

why is no answering... what are the supposedly side effects because i cant see anything.. what are they hiding from us. seriously this is not fair..

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)

try Florinef 1mg

Posted by: Natasja | 2015-05-22

Both, Effortil and Akrinor are apparently off the market, what can we use for low blood pressure, nothing else helps!!

Reply to Natasja | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Samantha | 2015-11-11

I also suffer from low blood pressure, Effortil and Akrinor have both been discontinued, doctor recommended a teaspoon on Marmite... I found a natural homoeopathic product by Natura called Angio at Dischem. 10 drops in water 3 x daily (although I prefer fruit juice, tastes better) Seems to be the only other thing that is on the market for low blood pressure.

Posted by: Paola | 2015-04-15

I have the same problem in getting medication for Low blood pressure. Are there any alternatives for Akrinor and Effortil?

Reply to Paola
Posted by: Peta Kennedy | 2015-03-13

I am in the same position. My husband need 2 tabs of Akrinor a day. He faints with low pressure therefore unsafe for him to do normal daily duties. Please advise what else to take or, if ever, Akrinor will return to the South African market.

Reply to Peta Kennedy
Posted by: CentralBoy | 2011-02-21

Reply to CentralBoy
Posted by: Chad | 2009-03-30

I contacted Ad -|- , the Manufacturer, they said it should be back on the shelves within 2 weeks. The alternative they suggested is an Injection as the Ampules are still available, as per the Rep at Ad -|- , Wayne, the injection would last about a week

Reply to Chad
Posted by: Pete | 2009-03-27

Same problem any alternatives?

Reply to Pete
Posted by: Carrol | 2009-03-25

When do u think Akrinor will be back on the shelves? Am desperate

Reply to Carrol
Posted by: MB | 2009-03-23

I have the same problem, and no matter how much marmite and salt I consume it doesn' t maintain my boold pressure. Why is it not taken seriously? I cannot find Akrinor anywhere! And I require two talets a day. What can I do to increase my bp and keep it at that level?

Reply to MB
Posted by: CM | 2009-03-06

Same problem here. My son of 16 has a bp of 90/30. Can' t get Akrinor. Eating lots of liquorice but that is not enough. Any advice on what can cause the bp to be so low?

Reply to CM
Posted by: Justin | 2009-02-27

Hi, I have the same question as the other people, is there a substitute available for Effortil or Akrinor?

Reply to Justin
Posted by: HP | 2009-02-02

My daughter is 14 and used Effortil for 2 years, now it is not available, nor Akrinor. Is there a substitute. She could not go to school today and was so nauseus she could not keep the marmite salticrax in. Any other advise, I' m desperate. She can' t miss school every day.

Reply to HP
Posted by: Emma | 2009-01-28

I used Effortil for 28 years, was forced to change to Akrinor and now they have run out! Nobody seems to take low blood pressure seriously - what are we supposed to do?

Reply to Emma
Posted by: Buttergin | 2009-01-28

I used Effortil for 14 years. For the past 9 days I haven' t been using anything and I' m still fine. Wondering if the pills really did help? BP still very low, but I' m eating Bovril on toast once a day.

Reply to Buttergin
Posted by: Granny | 2009-01-28

I have been able to obtain Akrinor at a particular pharmacy but my BP still very low. Also drink a teaspoon of Marmite in hot water twice daily. Am also told the liquorice good for low BP. Am in same boat as you.

Reply to Granny
Posted by: Retha | 2009-01-26

Is there any alternative medication to Effortil or Akrinor available? I have the same problem in getting medication for Low blood pressure.

Reply to Retha
Posted by: Giuls | 2008-12-14

I used Effortil Perlongets (1p/day) for my extremely low b/p with much success. This month I was informed by my pharmacist that Effortil will no longer be available in SA. Why?

Akrinor - the substitute medication is now out of stock indefinitely. What can I do until the Akrinor becomes available again.

Reply to Giuls