Question
Posted by: Daleen | 2008-11-11

Low blood count

Morning, I am really scared after searching what does it mean when you have a low blood count on google, everywhere cancer sites pop up...I felt really weird the last two weeks so I went to the doc and he said my bloodcount is low its 12 and my blood pressure is low, he said its coz I dont get enough sleep and gave me sleeping pills and iron pills. I cant help to wonder if it isnt something else, or rather more worse than just insomnia. Could it be something else? Please let me know, my family has a history of cancer.

Hallo Daleen
I think he meant your Hemoglobin level is slightly low ( that is probably why you got the iron pills) and this is common, not necessarily a sign of cancer.

1
Posted by: I | 2008-11-11

If the iron pills do not do the trick, Go for a second opinion.
We hope it is only iron shortage.

Reply to I