Posted by: Janet | 2012-05-12

low back pain

I have been battling with lower back pain (at stages I get sharp stabbing pains when sitting for some time and getting up) and with this, pain during intercourse, feeling full quickly after eating, lost about 8kg''s in the last 6 months, short painful periods. I am worried it might be ovarian cancer, is this possible. I am 42 years old, and the back pain is quite bad, I need to actually wake to be able to turn at night when sleeping

I strongly suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an examination, pelvic ultrasound and papsmear, to rule out endometriosis or ovarian pathology. You do present with a lot of the signs and symptoms of endometriosis and I recommend that you consult your gynaecologist as soon as possible.