Question
Posted by: Katie | 2008/09/25

loves me loves me not...

Ok i know this is not going to sound normal but iv been with my b/f for 8 months now and yes... havnt met his family. well only one cousin but i dont think that counts.
He says he loves me blah blah blah
The thing is that i do believe him BUT why has he not wanted me to meet his family thus far...
I found it strange in the begining as he said i was everything he wanted and much more, he mentioned me meeting them and i said no as i wasnt ready then but then he never mentioned it again.Like even when i try to make him see that its time now its like he just ignores it.
We will go to his house if he forgets something or whatever the case may be and he will ask if im going to come in?
What kind of question is that? So i just say no becos it just seems like he dsnt want me to if he asks.
Am i being stupid. Is he hidding something.
Well i have been in his house a couple of times before BUT his family was on holiday and he was home alone.

I was nervous about meeting his family and thats why i put it off but now im just worried.Does this perhaps mean that he is not that serious about me?I mean we have even discused getting married.What to do?

Do you really think any of us could tell you why he hasn't taken you to meet his family, or answer similar questions ? Surely you can only ask him, and listen to his answers. If the first time he suggested this, you said you weren't ready, makbe he is waiting for you to tell him you now DO feel ready ? And if, when he takes you to his house, you refuse when he asks you in, he may very well feel sure you don't feel ready to meet them. Why not, next time, say Yes, and go in and meet them ?

3
Posted by: Bee | 2008/09/26

I agree - say you want to meet them! He has now asked and hinted how many times?

Reply to Bee

Girl he asked over and over......just tell him you ready know.

Posted by: Eva | 2008/09/25

Seriously, he asked you once, you said no you' re not ready, so you made him feel like an idiot, made him feel that you weren' t as ready as him, cause he wanted you to meet his parents, guys are very proud, if you make them feel like an idiot it is going to take time for them to muster up enough guts to get to that step again.

He' s probably waitin for you to say you' re ready to meet them. But your not... and even when he hints, like ask if you' re coming in when he needs to pick something up at home, you say no.....so off course he' s going to stop asking you to meet his parents, he won' t continue to force you to meet them, cause you shoot him down everytime

Reply to Eva