Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/12/09

Lovemaking

Please help me, i am 39yrs old, have had no desire for sex, my husband and i have not made love in almost 3months now. i know it is so hard for him. even when he tries to arouse me, i feel nothing, it does not turn me on. what can i do, there is something wrong with me.i want to have fun in the bed room, it''s like i have lost my libido.

This must be hard for both of you. There are many reasons for a loss of libido (e.g. depression, side effect of medication/drugs, illness, relationship problems, physical health issue) and so the reason for this needs to be established in order to decide how to treat it. I would recommend that you seek professional help. There may be medical factors affecting your libido, and lifestyle changes may be advised. Otherwise counselling may help to enhance emotional intimacy, communication, and mutual guiding to promote more varied, prolonged and effective sexual stimulation, and perhaps to encourage the use of fantasy to avoid distractions, improve self worth and body image if necessary.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/12/10

Reply to sexologist