Question
Posted by: Hateful | 2009-07-14

Love yourself

How does one learn to love yourself? Since I was in primary school I have always hated myself. You will never find me swimming or anything like that because I hate what I look like. I am short, chubby (always have been, even though I try hard to loose weight) and have what they call man boobs which is embarrasing. I am now in my early 30' s and everyone is happy with a partner but not me, as I do not like myself, how can I expect someone to like me?

Have you thought about WHY you began to hate yourself ? And what else may have been happening in your life at that time ? Your unfair dislike of yourself is likely to make it hard for you to meet others, or for them to like you, as your own self-attitude will be off-putting. CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) is most likely you help you to improve your self-esteem and confidence, and to have a more realistic and positive attitude towards yourself and your potential to be liked and loved