Question
Posted by: Embarrased | 2009/04/25

Love swing

Hi I' m 42, divorced + have an occupational therapy practice which I run from home. I use my double garage which is properly rigged out. It also serves as a love room when my bf visits + the children r out + is always locked. Last Sunday we had a real steamy session there + used a love swing - awesome. After bf left that night I forgot 2 take down the swing + lock it up. The next morning when I opened up my consulting room my 17 yo. daughter was with me + I was horrified 2 b greeted by the sight of it still hanging from the hook in the roof beam. She seemed 2 know exactly what it was + said very little but the look on her face said it all. Neither of us have since said anything about it but I know what' s going through her mind. How should I treat the incident? Should I just leave it + not pursue the subject? I' m feeling very awkward, my other daughter is only 15.

You can do one of 3 things – lie, keep quiet or take this wonderful opportunity to share sex positive messages with your daughter. She is old enough to know about sex and sex aids, and she should also know to respect the private nature of adult sexual relationships. I would take her out for coffee and ask her what she thought and felt when she saw the ‘swing’. She may not necessarily know what it was. Give the key message that ‘adults sometimes use various aids in love-making’ and this is a personal private choice. If she doesn’t know about your relationship with your boyfriend, that may need to be addressed. The conversation can also be an opportunity to make sure your daughter has essential information about safer sex and contraception. It may not be a comfortable conversation but can be a good stepping stone to a more ‘adult’ relationship with your daughter. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for more information www.sexualhealth.co.za

7
Posted by: Embarrased | 2009/04/28

My girls do know about my bf bcause he visits often. They like him + he spends a lot of time with us. Although we don' t openly sleep together in the house I' m sure they know that we' re sexually active bcause we do sometimes go away alone 4 the weekend + then my mother stays over with them. That' s not what bothers me so much but the intimate details of what we do, like the love swing thing is what embarrases me the most.

Reply to Embarrased
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/04/28

Oh yes! I don' t think you have to worry about you daughter though, she will most probably tell her friends about it and I' m sure she will have images of you and your bf on that swing in her mind for about a month or 2 lol! but as time passes she will surely forget about it.
Try to forget about it and move on as I am sure she will be trying to do too.It' s most prob. the same as walking in on your parents doing it.
Which I am grateful has never happened to me but my friends have had some stories to tell.We usually just laugh our heads off about it as its rather awkward and then tease some but then its over, part of life I guess.

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/04/28

Shuks! Now I also know what that is!

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/28

Thanks for teling me what it is about, have never heard of it before. Have checked it out on Google, would like to try it sometime.

Posted by: Embarrased | 2009/04/27

Hi there Anon, a love swing is a type of harness that suspends from the ceiling. It hangs down to about knee height + one of the partners lies in it - many different positions possible. One partner can stand + all kinds of positions r possible. Some of them can take both partners face 2 face so copulation is possible while being suspended. No strain on arms, legs, back or elbows. The ultimate 4 me is lying on my tummy in it while bf stands + does doggy on me - Gspot gets it everytime, awesome. Go do a google search + type in love swing. Some photos r also available. Bf bought it in UK but theyr' e also available locally. Man, U don' t know what u r missing till U use one. It' s really fabulous, definately 2b enjoyed.

Reply to Embarrased
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/27

please explain what is a " Love Swing" , I have never heard of it before. What does it do, how does it work.

Posted by: Ziggy | 2009/04/25

I don' t think U should make too much of a big deal about it, after all U r a mature grown up + your daughter must surely realise this. Today' s teenagers r not that naieve as 2 think that divorced mom with bf may not have a sex life. As 4 the swing, well I bought 1 a few months ago + my wife just LOVES it. It' s really awesome - best thing I' ve done 4 our sex life. Definately to be enjoyed. Take care.

Reply to Ziggy