Question
Posted by: gal | 2010-03-25

Love making parents

i am turning 26 next month and still stay with my parents. lately they have developed a new habit of making love in the kitchen, living room and in the bathroom and the noise is unbearable. I do not know how to tell them that this is so not right. Last night was the worst, their bedroom was left open while they were having sex just before we even went to sleep. please help

Dear Gal,

The fact of the matter is you are of age so legally there are no grounds, unless your brother is not of age.

It thus falls upon you to need to communicate to your parents how their behaviour is making you uncomfortable whilst having to share the home with them.

If face to face is too uncomfortable, consider writing them a letter and give it to them to read.

6
Posted by: Honest Joe | 2010-03-25

I think that it''s a hint from your folks. But, there is absolutely nothing wrong with living at home at 26. The cost of living has gone up significantly from the 50''s and 60''s.

Due to the economies of scale, it costs a lot more to move out of home where the average house in SA costs almost R1 000 000. In order for you to cover that sort of bond, you need to earn a salary of at least R30 000 - I cant count on one hand the amount of people I know earning that kind of dosh.

Reply to Honest Joe
Posted by: Nice Guy | 2010-03-25

Approach them nicely, they probably think you are not noticing. tell them that you also have feelings and also tell them about how you younger brother may take from this situation Renting your own apartment will only help you but how about your younger brother? Atleast talk to your mother she might understand, then you will be fine

Reply to Nice Guy
Posted by: Woman | 2010-03-25

26 and living with your parents? Shame on you!! They have worked hard for everything they have and they deserve to enjoy it in any way they see fit. Their house, their rules. I think they''re sending you two a clear message - leave home already!!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Egg | 2010-03-25

Hehehe... I think that is a hint from your parents that it is time to move out!!!

Reply to Egg
Posted by: Kirsty | 2010-03-25

Best advice is to move out :)

Reply to Kirsty
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-03-25

Dear Gal,

Reply to Sexologist