Question
Posted by: In Pieces | 2011/03/09

Love Lost

Hi.

My gf passed away a few weeks ago.We were very in love and i was going to propose to her.I am in pieces and cant socialise or have fun.i just think about her all day and night.I had a dream about her last night.It was so real and i almost believe it was.I feel like she was really there to comfort me.Does this make me crazy?When i woke up i could still smell her perfume

Not crazy in the least, but grieving. Grief and bereavement is painful and really hard work, but it will resolve eventually. Dreams like this are very normal, and sometimes there's a bit more than dreams - sometimes even while awake you smell the perfume, or hear the car wheels crunch on the driveway, or even briefly might see the person, before realizing this isn't so, and the vision fades. These are normal and sometimes distressing, sometimes comforting.

5
Posted by: Choked up | 2011/03/10

Oh my word !! So very sorry to hear that, its terrible and I feel for you. If I may, I would recommend that you talk about her and never stop telling people how much you miss her and how much you loved her. This will help you grieve and while you will never ever forget her, you will heal and you will find happiness, it just takes time..peace to you.

Reply to Choked up
Posted by: Mzulu | 2011/03/09

IP my brother,we feel your pain and just remember that she is in a better place now. Please take comfort in that and do allow yourself to grief and remember to pray all the time. Sengathi umphefumulo wakhe ungalala ngoxolo (may her soul rest in peace)

Reply to Mzulu
Posted by: Mmmmmmmmmmmm | 2011/03/09

Thats harsh and tragic.

You must grieve properly and remember that shes is always in your heart. After tears comes sunshine, eventually.

Reply to Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Posted by: Jerk | 2011/03/09

Wow.That sucks man.Very sorry to hear that.Maybe you are surounded by her things and they still smell of her?I dont think you crazy.I think that when you go through something like that its actually quite normal.I would find someone that will help you through it and support you.Dont push people away.You will need their help.I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some peace

Reply to Jerk