Question
Posted by: CBJ | 2012/04/24

Love him more when he''s away

I have this problem, and please know that I love my husband very very much. But when he is home I sometimes can''t wait for him to go away. And when he is away, our relationship seems to be better. We can talk for longer about trivial things. But when he is home we hardly say 3 words to each other. Is it normal for me to feel like this? I want to be closer when he is home, but with the kids and work and homework etc, it just doesnt seem realistic, and this makes me really worried. Please give me some advice on how to deal with this.

Its not very dificult, though, to have some sort of relationship with a person who is not actually here, is it ? But you seem to be speaking of talking together by phone while he's away. Maybe one aspect is simply that while he is away, you both set aside specific time to chat, and, naturally wanting to get your money's worth, you take care to use that time well. What do you think might happen if you also set aside such "talk" time when you were together, at home ? Presumably the kids, the homework, and all the other claims on your time also exist while he is away, yet you both set aside time, recognizing this as important for both of you. Make is at least an equal priority when he's at home, and it may work even better than while he's away !

1