Posted by: Sleepy | 2009-01-09

I know there is going to be a lott of people who will criticize me, I' m one of them but I don' t understand what is going on. I was going through a messy seperation and had a relationship with someone who dropped me and whereafter I asked my husband to come back home. He abviously refused and I tried to commit suicide. I drank a shit load of sleeping pills and woke up three days after. I really did almost die according to my husband who found me and took me to hospital. This is though, I feel empowered due to the fact that I almost died and I want to go through that again. I DONT WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE AGAIN. I just would love that feeling again. If you know what I mean, does anyone know what I mean?

So you are "one of them" who will criticize you ? Maybe some of that self-criticism is part of the current problem ? Maybe this feeling of empowerment is about having taken some definite action in a very uncomfortable situation, even if in this instance it was dangerous and not in itself useful action. Urgently, arrange to see a good local psychiatrist or psychologist for a proper assessment, and to work out how to regain the empowerment aspect of what felt good, but to apply it to useful responses to the situation that you have found so alarming and confusing.

Posted by: PureLife | 2009-01-09

I went through it. Its self-punishment, and you get the love and affection you need/needed. But that only lasts for a while, you can only cry wolf so many times. Do you wish you could die, or just the sensation of being " out of it" ? I learned on a very hard way. I also had this " thing"  to die, just to draw attention. Basically, an emotional " bratt" . I almost lost my baby due to this. When you feel you want to " experience"  that feeling again, call someone. See somebody to help you trough this.

Reply to PureLife