Question
Posted by: Wesley | 2012-12-12

Love birds

hi Doc

Me again

Just would like to find out on more information as to how does one till the sex of a love bird or what could i do to help find out. i want to buy my bird(rusta) a partner but knowing their behaviour, i don''t want to by mistake buy the same sex and then have them consistently bickering. i also would like to know the quickest and most comfortable way i could tame my bird as time spent with " IT"  so far has brought no luck. it seems that because the bird is still young, he still needs quite a bit of training.

Kind Regards

Wesley

HI WESLEY. THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DETERMINE THE GENDER OF A LOVEBIRD IS TO HAVE IT SEXED BY A VET. THERE ARE TWO METHODS - ONE IS BY PERFORMING A DNA TEST ON A DROP OF BLOOD AND THE OTHER IS BY PERFORMING AN INTERNAL EXAMINATION UNDER ANAESTHETIC. YOU ARE CORRECT THAT TWO BIRDS OF THE SAME SEX MAY FIGHT. YOU WILL HAVE THE GREATEST SUCCESS IN TAMING A YOUNG LOVEBIRD AND THEY DO RESPOND VERY WELL TO TRAINING. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU JOIN A GROUP CALLED "BIRD CLICK" (http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bird-Click/) WHICH WILL TEACH YOU THE BEST TRAINING METHODS. GOOD LUCK! DR ELLIOTT

1
Posted by: Daulen | 2013-02-11

Ik zie zoals gezegd ook wel de voerodlen maar heb wel een blik geworpen op wat er grosso modo aangetwitterd wordt en dat is echt om te huilen. Het meest irritant zijn mensen die wel wat te zeggen hebben maar voornamelijk twitteren over tuinieren, voetbal, vakantie en zo meer.

Reply to Daulen