Question
Posted by: Rudi | 2011/05/16

Love Addiction?

Good day

My boyfriend is a recovering drug addict. He has been clean for over a year now, but we are facing some serious problems. Our relationship has gone through some very serious hiccups, and i think at this stage its a miracle that were still together, but i think the mail thing is we love each other and that is why we want to make it work.

My question is, drug addicts usually replaces the addiction with something else, what i am scared of, is that he has now start obsessing about the ''perfect'' relationship and I feel that nothing i do is good enough to try to save the relationship, even though he say that he want to save it. He is a Lawyer, so its very hard for me to communicate with him, because every word i say gets used against me even if i didn''t mean it the way it sounded.

I am scared that his new found addiction to controlling me(it feels that way) and i don''t know if that is just part of the hiccup in our relationship or if its something to be concerned about.

Please Help....

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Hey there, and thank you for your post. We suggest that both of you attend couple's counselling, if you would like to contact the clinic on 021 790 7779 we can point you in the right direction of a very good therapist. We also suggest going to a 12 Step Fellowship meetings such as Co-dependants Anonymous - you can find your nearest meeting on line.

Wishing you the very warmest of regards

The Harmony Team

1
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/05/16

Wishing you the very warmest of regards

The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert