Posted by: Loud Stomach | 2009-03-27

Loud Stomach

Dear Doc

I' m a 32 year old female and an attorney.

My problem is that I have a stomach that makes very loud noises, sometimes it’ s like rolling thunder.

You know they say your stomach growls when you' re hungry.

Well mine definitely does –  it’ s very audible BUT not just when I' m hungry.

I can literally hear my stomach digesting my food and " churning away" .

This problem is very embarrassing because as part of my job I have to attend meetings and it’ s really embarrassing and uncomfortable to be sitting around a boardroom table when other professionals can hear my stomach rumbling.

I used to hate writing three hour exams at varsity because I was also petrified at the loud sounds my stomach makes - which the students around me could definably hear.

I try eating or drinking water beforehand but this also does not seem to help.

Is there anything I can do?

Please advise.

I suggest that you make an appointment with a gastroenterologist, to find the cause for your problem but in the interim you can use Buscopan Co, one tablet, three times a day.

Kind regards