Posted by: Michelle | 2009-01-16

Lots of gass and slimy stools

I changed m dogs from Jock to Ultra Dog Premium they are on the products for about 3 and a half weeks. I introduced the new product mixed with the old product which was Jock. Since they are only on Ultra Dog they let off vile winds and I have noticed that their stools are very dark, large and slimy. They sleep in the house and have not messed but just have alot of wind day and night. I know this is a new products on the market and the vets or the shops have not got cups to measure the food with, so I am using a vets choice cup, I think I did the wrong thing by changing to the Ultra Dog should I rather put them on vets choice and see if the tummy problem would be better. The lab is 10 years old and the collie is 5 years old and both have been spayed. I changed from Vets choice long ago when they had the problems with the product. They have been on Jock for 3 years and the hair started falling out in bunches. I have put them onto Mirra-coat and I can already see a difference in their coats. I did phone my vet and spoke to the lady at the front desk and she said this could take 3 - 4 months for the tummy to get use to the new food but in the mean time how do my poor dogs feel with all that gass. My gut feeling tells me I should change to Vets Choice but don' t want to upset the tummy' s.

Dear Michelle

I would change to Vets Choice. Mix it with the Ultradog and give it for a week then only Vets Choice. The dogs should not take weeks to get used to a new food.