Posted by: Henri Brazer | 2011-08-11

Lost Use of arms, hands and fingers

Dr. approx. 2 years ago I was 2 months in a coma. When I came out of the coma I hand no use of my arms, hands and fingers. My arms were in a dending position and at the elbows completely stiff. They tried physiotherapy but nothing helped. I was diagnosed by a diffirent Doctors that i have Myositis ossificans. Apparently during my coma there were no physio done, that is why I lost the use of my arms. Is it possible that no physio could have contributed to my injuries. I hope you could help. Best Regards.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Lack of physio did not cause the myositis ossificans. You should see somebody ( orthopedic surgeon ) to help you - it is a very difficult condition to treat and such a specialist would advise on the appropriate treatment acccording to the stage of the condition after reviewing your X-rays