Question
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012/08/03

Lost the battle - Now Gastric Banding

After 8 years on Health 24....cybershrink, you, doc etc i''ve given up. At 150kg i''ve lost. Every diet in the book i have done and gained it back plus 10kg''s :

Jenny Craig (3 x)
Dr Cohen,
Weight Watchers (about 11 x),
TonyFurguson,
Celebrity Slim,
Die Dieet wat almal van Praat,
The Atkins Diet,
The South Beach Diet,
Weigh Less (about 50 x)
Fit for Life,
Skinny Bitch,
The Drinking Mans Diet
I can Make You Thin,
Dr. Phil,
Best Life Diet,
Herbal Life

I am now going to have a Gastric Band put in on the 16th.

Wish me luck?

I am ready, my mind, my body - I dont want to spend my days on the lazy-boy and send my kids around to do things for me...i want to move i want to go places i want to see things i want to see the sun shine again.

I dont want to walk into a restaurant and quickly try and find the easiest biggest path to my table - so my big fat arse doesnt get stuck - and then try and work out if i''ll fit into the chair and is the table movable or is it fixed to the floor?

Im done with all these " fad"  diets.

My stomach will be 50ml and i''ll have to learnt to JUST EAT. Not in front of my pc but focus on my food and eat. Not in front of the TV at the table focusing and tasting and seeing what i eat.
It will be hard to change a lifetime of habits but i want to and will do this.

NOW IS MY TIME TO SHINE.

Will keep you updated of my progress if you want to.

thanks for all the years of support and trying to help.

Dear Reader
Thank you for your kind words. Gastric banding and other bariatric procedures have a high success rate, so I am holding thumbs that this will at last work for you so that you can lose that weight. I think your testimony shows that it is very difficult for some patients to lose weight. I am saddened to see that you did not ever try consulting a dietitian as I suggested. Dietitians study the fields of nutrition and can help patients to achieve great things. I am going to make this recommendation once more: Please get the help of a dietitian after your gastric banding so that you do not develop deficiencies and that you really do lose weight.
Wishing you the very best of luck and a much lighter future!

1

Dear Reader