Question
Posted by: Embarassed | 2010/05/12

Lost Tampon

Dear Doc.

I had my menstruation cycle last week and i rememeber inserting a tampon ...when i went to the loo to remove it, it was lost somewhere inside of me..

Will it damage me? i feel pain on my right hand side i wonder if its got to do with the lost tampon.
Please advice on what i must do to have it removed..

It can cause infection. Put your finger in and feel around. You should be able to remove it. Otherwise see your doctor.

2

Posted by: E | 2010/05/12

Hi there - very same happened to me and eventhough I was not aware of it, I kept on getting recurrent infections etc. No real pain as such but nothing helped re the infections. Finally went to Gynea and she discovered the ''lost'' tampon inside of me.
Unfortunately you''ll have to go to your gynea to have it removed. I''m convinced this kind of thing happens more often than we think.

Reply to E