Question
Posted by: Anonymos | 2009-06-12

Lost Soul

My life is a mess right now. i am going to get married within 6months time but i hate my partner so much. He abuses me in every way possible. i am going threw with this wedding jus to please my family, i dont want to let them down. i feel the only way out for me is sucide &  im at the edge right now. please help me

Do not under any circumstances marry any person who already abuses you --- it will only get worse after the marriage. If your family would be pleased by you turning your life into a hell by marrying an abuser, you OUGHT to displease them and you SHOULD let them down. It is disgraceful that they should pressure you in any way to marry a rat. Don't consider suicide. Call Lifeline to talk things through if you feel desperate, but with their advice, find someone to see for counselling, and explore other ways out. Any family that wants a daughter to marry an abuser should be profoundly ashamed of itself. Do they know what he is really like ? If not, do tell them, calmly and firmly. And ask if they want their daughter to spend her life being abused. And call a group like POWA which advises abused women, and they can help you find a safer way of getting the happer and non-abused life you deserve.

3

Hell no!! Do you have any idea how expensive a divorce is? Never mind the wedding!!

Posted by: JB | 2009-06-14

If you do not know how to communicate with your family on this most important issue, show them the two above messages. Don' t ruin the rest of your life. Get out NOW. You won' t be sorry.

Reply to JB
Posted by: P | 2009-06-12

Hi there, im sure your family is not putting a gun into your head to marry someone abusing you. Are they aware?

Reply to P