Posted by: Milly | 2009-04-06

Lost kitten

Please help with info, I' m heartbroken as my 7month old male, neutered, kitten has managed to get outside and is nowhere to be seen or heard. Do cats come back home naturally or do they just go and forget where they live? How long can I expect him to be gone? He has never been outside unsupervised before so I am neurotic and extremly worried as to what could have happened or will happen to him as he is not street wise!

Dear Milly

Most cats will find the way home if not injured.

Posted by: Milly | 2009-04-08

Have phoned the local vets and the SPCA, have handed out pamphlets and spoken to the security and residents with no luck so far, really missing my " baby" . How long does a kitten need to be missing before you give up looking, I feel that I wil continue to look foerever but it' s so heart sore.

Reply to Milly
Posted by: Chill | 2009-04-06

Hopefully you' ve asked around the neighbourhood, as well as phoned the SPCA and other animal welfares, and also all the local vets. Put up a notice at your shopping centre. And - depressing thought, I know - but phone the municipal cleansing department - they should keep records of pets they' ve had to remove if they' ve been run over. If this is the fate that' s befallen him, I' m sure you' d rather know...

Good luck!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Milly | 2009-04-06

Thanks for the small glimmer of hope that he will come home, it' s now 1 full day and this will be the second night away from home and I' m devastated, the other kitten is missing him and looks everywhere for him, oh what to do!

Reply to Milly