Posted by: sad | 2009-03-02

lost interest

I have lost interest ini sex with my partner, but i do get desire for sex all the time. because its always painful no matter how wet i there anything wrong with me...and we spoke about it, but nothing has changed....and lately i have been having a lot of discharge, and i always feel like i can be on periods anytime...and i already have had my periods. please help

Pain with sex is very distressing and can certainly put you off wanting to initiate intimacy, because of the fear of pain. There are 2 kinds of pain with sex - pain from the entrance of the vagina (superficial pain) and pain that is felt deeply within the pelvis. Superficial pain is sometimes associated with vaginal dryness, which is not your situation. It sounds like you might have a pelvic infection - this causes deep pain and can be accomanpied by a persistent discharge. Please see your gynaecologist for a thorough examination and treatment. Treatment should relieve the pain. Your partner should also have a check up so that all possible sources of infection are treated.