Question
Posted by: Nontokozo | 2010-05-26

Lost, In the dark

I dont know whether its because I want to know everything in the house or what I want advise for. I am staying with my husband and his 2 daughters, they discuss everything with their father and I am left nowhere or this right or wrong, today the other you know what I dont know whether its wrong or right today we all woke up washed and the other one went to school and the other one was left, when I was just about to go to the car I asked the father whether her daughter is going or not going to school he just said that she said she will go late because they are writing and off we went, I dont want to ask anything about her daughters anymore because I can see that he has taught them that he is the only person they need to contact if they want anything regardless of whether they want to go out to friends, are not going to school or anything, what must I do, I know you will advise that I should talk to him I have talked to him several times but it is not working and more they are now going out to their aunts what should I do I have decided that it would be wise if we can take the daughters back to where they came from and then we can start our lives afresh, is this wise.

I responded the other time you posted this question.

6
Posted by: mary | 2010-05-27

For lyho!!! i think you''ve never been in a situation where you feel left out and disrespected by > 10year olds. so rather put yourself in ntokozo''s shoes and think like a woman.
for Ntokozo: Lady, u shud remain a strong woman. and why exactly is that the kids stay with their dad and not their mom? talk to your husband again if the situation continues, i would rather suggest that you suggest to tell your husband that you need a break and clear your heads off where both of you will exactly determine why do you really want to be together and how you will fullfill your hapiness in your marriage or find yourself a place to stay where you ur husband will come by when he wants to see you. if it all hasn''t worked, a marriage counsellor might be of help.

Reply to mary
Posted by: Nontokozo | 2010-05-26

But he does not want them to respect me so how do I sort this thing out

Reply to Nontokozo
Posted by: Nontokozo | 2010-05-26

Reply to Nontokozo
Posted by: Iyho!!! | 2010-05-26

Why are you calling them''his daughter''? Are they not your step-daughters as well? If you say " take them to where they came from"  what do you mean? I think your attitude is also a problem, its their father as much as he is your husband and you can''t get rid of them just because you feel intimidated by them. How does someone start life afresh...by getting rid of his kids? I find your whole approach in this issue bothering on selfishness. If your biological kids with your husband were giving you problems how/ where would you send them? Is there a place where parents dump children that do not respect them? Get real try sort out your communication problems with your husband then both of you can discipline children accordingly.

Reply to Iyho!!!
Posted by: Me | 2010-05-26

Didn''t you post a while back? Just asking

Reply to Me