Posted by: Noodle | 2009-03-17

Lost in everything.......

Hello CS.....

Long time, I just can' t take it anymore. One creates your own drama ??? is that possible??? Anyhow I know that you re-act on certain situations and how you re-act has a influence on how the other person re-acts etc...... I' m 34 years old, is obese have tried every diet that are known, I' ve even started to contemplate gastric binding.... but I don' t want to do that........ I have no will power to stay on a diet it' s just so much easier to give up..... screw the outcome... which is no clothes fit me, I' m always feeling depressed about how big and fat and huge I am, I'  don' t want to do anything about it.... and I can' t figure out why.... I' ve had session after session with my shrink and I can' t get why I would want to stay this way....... I' m focused for one day perhaps two and then I give up...... and I can' t figure out why....... any way on that note I' m starting up with weighless again...hopefully I' ll stick to that or at least for a month... so I' ll take it day by day and see how it goes............

Some people do indeed create their own dramas, needlesly, and with results they then don't enjoy. Drama creation is not compulsory. AS for the weight problem, work with a CBT counsellor to find the motivation and to work loically and sucessfully towards losing weight as you know you need to do. You can develop willpower.
Who cares about theories about WHY you choose to stay obese ? Rather make a plan towards losing weight, whatever the previous reasons might have been. Waiting for a reason is a way of delaying the actions you know you need to take.
And make sure you don't keep any of the wrong foods in your house.

Posted by: Thought of dying | 2009-03-18

Bet you that if your Doc said, " Listen to me now. If you don' t lose 50 kg I can assure you you are going to die in 6 months"  You will loose that weight pretty damn quickly with out seeing a shrink. Suddenly all those sweet/fatty treats will become very unappealing !

Reply to Thought of dying