Question
Posted by: Buddy | 2011/04/03

Lost and Lost

Two years ago I had two businesses. A supermarket and a Minimarket. When I first purchased the Minimarket, about five years ago, it was not profitable. I then let my son-in-law run the supermarket and I went to the Minimarket to try and turn it around after many long hours of hard work I turned the business around and it became became profitable. Two years ago I decided to sell the Supermarket and got a sizeable offer for it. I reconsidered as my-son-in law would consequently be out of work I then rather offered the bussiness to him all I wanted was for him to pay my house off for me which was about a third of the price I was offered. After the sale to him my son-in-law had an affair with one of the cashiers (we only found this out later) within 6 months the business was so in dept He had to sell the Minimarket to pay the creditors I had to sell my house and the Minimarket. From there things have just got worse and worse. I have not managed to get employment. I am a capable man, but have been through the wringer for the past two years. I am completely overwhelmed with emotional burnout, and lost all my self confidence. I have come to the end of my rope I dont drink but can understand why people drink themselves to death. I am deeply concerned for my Wife, Daughter and Grandson.”  can someone offer some advice please.

That really is a very sad story. Sometimes in life we do our very best to help others, but sadly we choose and trust the wrong person. Surely your son-in-law recognizes how much he owes you, and is prepared to work harder to be able to assist you, as tyou so generously assisted him ? Don't condemn yourself - things went wrong, but this was his fault, not yours. Getting a new job is difficult for anyone, especially when we're past the first couple of decades, but not impossible. Maybe its also useful to volunteer to help in some charitable work, to help others and to remind yourself of your usefulness ( it also looks better when one is applying for new work, than an entirely blank period in your story. ) And get even closer with your wife, daughter and grandson, who are still very much better off for having you around.
If depression starts to become burdensome, get proper help, in counseling and perhaps medication

3
Posted by: buddy | 2011/04/05

Cybershrink, Blow Back thank you very much for your response and advice. I truely appreciate your words of support and motivation. Kind Regards Buddy

Reply to buddy
Posted by: blow bACK | 2011/04/03

Don''t lose hope or despair, you have solid business management experience, concentrate on working yourself up again, it may take time but you can do it, trust me there''s more riches to rages to riches again stories that you know of.

Reply to blow bACK