Posted by: Megs | 2010-06-26

Lost and lonely

I am relieved to be out of a loveless mariage and will not go back for anything in the world. However, I get really lonelymost of the time. I am not necessarily looking for a partner, but that may help. I just am doubtful that I will love again. What do single people do, to meet people. How can I pass the lonely hours and fill them with happiness? I am not srongly opposed to pubs, etc, but it is not appropriate to go there as a single (old) lady. My back is real bad right now, so squash is out. I would even do voluntary work, just to meet people and keep busy. Please tell me how other people cope in this situation.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Megs,

It is perfectly normal to be relieved by a divorce and even more normal to feel lonely at times. I have just started a social group to provide for this. It is early days for that network, but go and have a look:

Any suggestions are welcomed.