Posted by: Hurting | 2009-05-29

Lost and Confused and going to destroy whole life...

Hi doc.
okay i wanna make this short and sweet and to the point but i really hope you can help me...

I was married for 2 years to a man who was abusive he then left me for a friend, we got divorced and i found comfort in my friend who is a woman we have been dating for 2 years now, i do love her very much but i feel empty, i would love to have childeren and a normal relationship and do things like a couple (things i cant do with her, im ashamed of being with a woman) but i dont know if i can bring myself to being with a man again for fear that the same thing will happen again.. I have no idea what to do, i dont want to waist anyones time and i have been thinking alot about this lately and i can feel myself pulling away from her. we have broken up before and it killed her.. so i dont want to hurt her but at the moment i want a normal life...

Please could you just be a voice of reason to me and try help.

Thank you.

Sounds like you really need some good, down-to-earth counselling, to help you to sort out all his confusion. Congratulations on leaving the abuser. maybe you got into this present relaionship on the rebound, gratefuyl for some kindness in a partner, but if not basically Lesbian ( or not comfortable with the idea that you might be ) you are uneasy in this relationship[. Work with a counsellor to clarify your orientation and your needs. You would not be wasting anyone's time in seeking help. If you eventually decide to break up with this woman, it should not kill her ( and didnt, last time ) --- it will upset her.
Work out with your counsellor what is a "normal" life for you, and how to get there from here

maybe try the gay forum?