Question
Posted by: nicky | 2011/09/15

lost

hi cs.... i had a nervous breakdown in May this year and suffered a compressed fracture at same time. Ive also had difficulty getting jobs as im living in a homeless place at this stage where its jus for old people as im still young, and its so negative and depressing, especially with people dying roun u every day. And every interview i go to, i jus tend to break down in tears dragging that negativity with me. my room is like living in solitary confinement, its so tiny and people can terrorise u there as theyre all miserable and negative and interviewers can sense im broken and thats how i lose my jobs. im losing hope, getting more depressed and at times feel suicidal. i try act strong and confident at interviews for jobs but its hard coming from that depressing environment and dragging that negativity with me to the interview. it gets me alll anxious and down and feel ive already lost the job....

Sorry to hear you've had either of these unpleasant disorders, let alone both at once. At least you are somewhere probably safe, even if its far from ideal. Depresion generates negativity, and in miserable and sad surroundings, and with negative people around, its hard to get over this. You ened to see someone at your nearest medical school dept of psychiatry or major state hospital, to get proper treatment for the depression, and this should if possible include counselling to help you deal with the negative thoughts and surroundings, and even to help you rehearse and plan for more successful interviews. Sometimes its worth starting with a more minor job that you would usually go for, to get back or keep the habit of work, and to grow confidence in dealin with people, while continuing to look for the better jobs you want

2

Posted by: Phobic_Phil | 2011/09/15

Wow luv, sounds overwelming to say the least! Hopefully the CS can give you some info. Don''t harm u''self, this could all just pass and you''ll be fine sooner than you think. Hold on...like onto a rope, tight, with both hands! Don''t give in no matter how hard it seems!!!

Reply to Phobic_Phil