Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2011/03/30

Lost

Hello Doc... I’ ve lost interest in life and I don’ t know how to get back on track. I’ ve just turned 24 years old. I don’ t want to go out with my friends anymore- I’ m not a party animal like them and even if it’ s just going to the movies I don’ t want to go because I don’ t make ends meet as it is. It’ s the same as with my boyfriend- I never want to go out with him as I don’ t like the drinking scene and he works so much the only time we really have to do things is at night or on a Sunday, but I don’ t want to do anything on Sundays because I want to relax before work the next day. At work I spend most of my time looking for a new job because I don’ t want to do this one anymore or I just browse the internet on my phone because I cannot concentrate. Nothing in life excites me or makes me happy anymore and I don’ t know how to fix it. I get home, cook supper, eat and go to bed- I have to force myself to walk my dog and staying up after 20:30 has become almost impossible for me. The only time I feel OK is when I’ m walking and I’ m listening to the radio. It’ s like listening to other people makes me feel less lonely and like there is a bigger world out there and I don’ t have to be stuck in my life. My house is a mess half the time because I can’ t summon up the energy to clean  I buy these box meals so I don’ t have to spend much time cooking. I’ m off with my colleagues- I think staring at the same 3 faces over the last four years is getting to me... I just don’ t know what to do anymore...

Its very healthy indeed to not be a party animal, and no to like the drinking scene. Seeing a counsellor might help you sort out what you need and want ; and get a check that you;re not possibly sinking into a depression, which would deserve treatment.

3
Posted by: WHat? | 2011/03/31

Your 24 and you have lost interest in life? Good God that''s sad, make it your mission to ENJOY yourself, your young it doesn''t last forever.

Reply to WHat?
Posted by: Just asking | 2011/03/30

Have you ever considered a hobby ? You know something in the back of your mind that you thought you might like to persue one day ? You mention you have a dog. What about taking him to training classes ?
You may have a latent talent for art or pottery. There are classes you can attend and see how you progress. iIs very sociable and gets you out and about. Think about it. There is nothing more rewarding or relaxing doing something you really enjoy, yes, even cooking !

Reply to Just asking