Question
Posted by: mimi | 2010-02-12

Lost ?

Hi doc

I had open heart surgery in Dec' 09 , I am 32year old female, married and 2 kiddies. Before the op I felt that I was " on track"  with my life , I dont know how to explain it , but after the op I feel a bit lost ? it feels like my life stopped for a moment and now it started again but I feel lost ? I dont feel depressed and sleep well , come to work and go home , excercise , love spending time with my kids .. it realy is a strange feeling , do you have any advise on this ?

I know what you mean, but what would be most adviseable would be to see a proper consultant psychiatrist near you, for a full assessment. There are obviously significant psychological factors associated with open heart surgery, and there can be some brain syndromes associated with it, too.

2
Posted by: Sam | 2010-02-12

I could never put myself in your shoes, but I know that if I had to loose a finger for example, I would feel like something is missing (a part of me lol). But if my heart - the organ we grow up refering to as the holder of our emotions, and our soul - were removed, and another was put in, now that would need some serious adjusting. It would almost feel like I am " gone"  and a new person has climbed in. Good luck, I think it' s time you need, that' s all.

Reply to Sam