Posted by: Jenzie | 2008-11-01

loss weight healthily increase metablism

I have issues with food, never know what much, how little and when to stop. I have a terrible sweet tooth and start binging if I feel I' ve eaten too much. I' m struggling to control it. I have very little self-will. I feel uncomfortable in my body and would like to loose weight in a healthy way but get thin.

How do I do this?

Dear Jenny
If you say "binging", do you mean that you induce vomiting after eating too much or just that you overeat? If you do induce vomiting or take harsh laxatives to get rid of food after eating too much, then you suffer from an eating disorder called bulimia. An Eating Disorder like bulimia needs to be treated with a team approach. Please consult a clinical psychologist (they are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you), to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems. You should also consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. If you are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 and in KwaZulu Natal there is Riverview Manor (033) 701-1911, or contact them on:
Go for expert help ASAP.

Posted by: Neil | 2008-11-03

Is it safe to loose weight by speeding up your metabolism?

Reply to Neil