Question
Posted by: biggy | 2011-08-14

loss weight

hi, I am biggy. I am 20, 1.9 m tall and 120 kilos, I really want to lose weight and adopt a healthy type of nutrition. I would like You to give some advise about it. before let me tell you that, I do not take sugar, i dont drink coca ( all king), just water and maybe lemon juice. i don''t smoke. I stop eating pasta. And in a day I just eat breakfast and dinner , in between water and some fruit. I also eat one apple a day

Dear Biggy
I would like to apologise for only answering your question today, but I was away and had asked for the DietDoc Message Board to be switched off in my absence, something that evidently was not done.
Your present BMI = 33,2 which is very high and in the obese range. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25, you would need to weigh 90 kg (thus a loss of 30 kg). Now this is a great deal of weight to lose, so I would recommend that you consult a dietitian. From your e-mail address I deduce that you live in France? If so, there should be dietitians in your country who can help you with an energy-reduced diet. It is important that you have your general health assessed to determine if you don't perhaps suffer from insulin resistance or thyroid problems. The dietitian will be able to recommend what investigations are required to help determine if there are underlying physical problems that are contributing to your obesity. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (Walking, cycling, swimming, or join a gym). While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site. You will have to find out which services are available in France to help you lose that weight.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-08-16

Dear Biggy