Question
Posted by: Sue | 2008/11/20

Loss of taste for sweetness

Hoping you can answer my question. I have not taken much notice with my other food, but my secretary has pointed this out to me, when making my coffee, she just keeps adding more and more sugar. I have suddenly lost task for sweetness. i.e. I used to take 2 tea spoons of sugar with my coffee, I am now putting in as much as 5 tea spoons of sugars and it tastes as if I only have 1 sugar.

Regards Sue

Hi Sue
Did you have a cold or sinusitis or an ear infection recently? Certain medicines or contact with insecticides can also cause taste loss. It usually passes by itself but if it persists you may need to see an ENT specialist.