Question
Posted by: Scared &  confused | 2010-10-26

Loss of sex drive

Hi Doc, i truly hope you can help? Im turning 33 in November and have just lost my drive for sex. Im getting married next year September and im scared im going to lose my fiance coz i have NO sex drive at all. We are happy but in the bedroom i just dont have " lus"  for anything anymore. I dont even want to go to people or do anything, just want to come home and relax. Please can you tell me if there is at least something i can get at the chemist to boost my libido please as i am very desperate. i do have alot of pressure at work as i am running our branch here in Cape Town. Please help :-(

You sound like you may be having symptoms of female sexual desire disorder. This may be due to psychological factors (one of which definitely includes stress) or relationship factors or even medical factors. Stressing over the impact of this on your upcoming marriage would only add to this vicious cycle. Firstly, you should consult with your gynaecologist or a general practitioner to exclude underlying medical problems eg thyroid disorders, anaemia, etc . Then you would have to look at finding ways to decrease stress levels, improve coping skills, proper time management etc so you wouldn't have to take all of this to the bedroom. Seeing a psychologist, couple's therapist or sexologist may help alot.

1
Posted by: a | 2010-10-26

You may be suffering from depression from the stress?

Reply to a