Posted by: gi jane | 2008-12-08

Is it possible for a man, a husband to lose all interest in sex, after 18 years of marriage. We had a great sex life, and for the past 7 years nothing. Now he says that he is not in love with me, but he loves me... I am little confused. We have lost our cars and now our businesses - could this be affecting him??

Absolutely it could be affecting him - not only through the psychological impact of losing one's sense of 'power' and how good one feels about oneself, but also as a result of depression which may also be a consequence (or cause) of such losses. Similarly, depending on what he does to cope with such losses (eg. drinking, substance abuse, or prescribed medication) may impact negatively on libido.

What would sound to me to be most important is to use this 'symptom' as a sign of distress and try to get him to be checked out medically (as there are also medical reasons for a loss of libido) first, and then to pursue whatever is recommended following the assessment by a medical practitioner.

Posted by: Att: joy | 2008-12-10

Joy i have one question for you ,i see you wrote few " advices"  to people but why you thing that women " have to do it" ,or its her job to clean house or make dinner or make first move or that they need to look more sexy?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

remember that not everything is a women faul ,,,.,

COME ON Joy this is 21 century , man also can make dinner and clean house and spoil women so she can fell good and sexy in her body.....i think you have to move on in to the 21 century man:))))))

Reply to Att: joy
Posted by: joy | 2008-12-08

ir goose without saying that the financial loss or any other destruction can cause low sex drive. you need to be more supportive and also be more sexy , in terms of make fisrt moves, bring back what got you guys close in the first place.

take him out, spoil him and so on man are like children give him a lolipop and he will come looking for me, next thing you he wants more sex from you so you need to work on that problem

Reply to joy