Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/03/15

Loss of libido while on antidepressant

Hi there. I am a 22-year old male and currently on the SSRI ''''Nuzak'''' (fluoxetine) for depression, 20mg per day. Since being on the antidepressant, I have gradually noticed a significant loss in my sex drive. Could you recommend a supplement to restore my drive (that will not interact negatively with the Nuzak)? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it is know that this is a side effect of these medications. It may be a good idea to discuss this with the doctor who prescribed the anti-depressant.

2
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/03/17

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Lizzy | 2012/03/15

I also found that with nuzak and had to stop. I am now on serdep and have significant improvement in that department. I suggest try different ADs until u find one that doesn''t diminish ur libido.

Reply to Lizzy