Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/03/15

Loss of libido while on antidepressant

Hi there. I am a 22-year old male and currently on the SSRI ''Nuzak'' (fluoxetine) for depression, 20mg per day. Since being on the antidepressant, I have gradually noticed a significant loss in my sex drive. Could you recommend a supplement to restore my drive? Thanks in advance.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Unfortunately this is a known side-effect of SSRIs. Supplements furthermore haven't been shown to be very effective in improving SSRI depressed Libido - your best option would be to discuss switching to a different drug with your doc.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/03/16

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist