Question
Posted by: DJ | 2010/05/19

Loss of appetite in 4 yr old

Wat can I give my child for loss of appetite?
my LB(4yrs old) isnt eating much.if he has ceral in the morning then he''''s full for the whole day.he will nibble on one or two things.
but not much.if i ask him if he wants to eat he says no...
plz advise me....

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi DJ

Medicine wise there is not much you can do - A vitamin B complex syrup such as Chocaton may improve his appetite slightly, while an antihistamine tablet named Periactin are also used to improve appetite. The question, however, is whether you really want to medicate you shild to eat? Another option would be a meal supplement shake such PEDIASURE - It tastes nice (you can tell your son that it's milkshake!) and you can supplement of of his daily meals with this if youre worried that his not getting enough nutrients.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/05/20

Hi DJ

Reply to pharmacist