Question
Posted by: Brenda | 2012-01-28

Loss of Appetite

Please could you urgently give me some advice... My dad is not eating at all, he will go days without eating a thing. i have had him at the GP and Specialist and he was told that out of the 24 vitamins and minerals that the body needs to stay alive and well he has a deficiency of 22. he refuses to eat anything he is having blackouts and extremely dizzy, and he is loosing body mass.

Please advise what i can do to get his appetite back, and in the mean time what can i give him to try and improve his health?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Brenda,
It is difficult with the information you have provided to determine whether your father necessarily has an eating disorder. However, where he is significanly lacking appropriate nutrition, I suggest you approach a dietician or a gastroentorologist through your G.P's referral. You have reason to be concerned.
Regards,
Graham