Question
Posted by: SAD | 2011/01/10

Loss of a loved one

Where do you start to deal with the unexpected death of your life partner, how does one come to grips with the fact that he is never going to walk through the door, hold your hand or tell you he loves you hold you when you are sad. My life has completely fallen apart and I don’ t know where to start picking up the pieces, there are too many since I’ m completely shattered. I want to be angry at the person responsible, but I’ m a Christian and believe it was GOD’ s will for it to be as it is so then it is not an acceptable solution. I don’ t want to live my life without him but I’ m 31 and know I might have another 30 or 40 years to go if I’ m unlucky. I know wishing death is a sin, life is a gift from GOD but for me life without him is a punishment.

You start wherever you are, and proceed, with patience, to work through the terribly hard task of repairing your life. The more one builds one's life around the oresence and participation of a loved one, the harder it isto re-adjust. If the death was the responsibility of someone else, it is natural to feel anger, and one should not blame oneself for such a normal reaction.
Start to focus on recognizing your task of re-forming a constructive life without him, as something he surely would have wanted you to do, and seeing such a strong life as a tribute to him, and a suitable, living memorial.

2
Posted by: Me | 2011/01/10

So sorry to read your sad loss. I don''t know what to say to you, as I can only imagine how you feel and what you are going through, but I do want to say, while you may not be able to see clearly now through all the tears, you will again find inner peace. Remember each one grieves differently, so allow yourself time to grieve. May you find strength in the Lord and those around you.

Reply to Me