Question
Posted by: Very sad :( | 2009-03-13

Loss in family

Please can you try help...
My mom passed away suddenly, extremely suddenly in December, just before Christmas. I know its only been a short time but i seem to miss her more and more everyday, i long to hear her voice, receive a phone call. I am still very heart broken but some people said it would get easier - that the pain will never go away but get easier?? To think my kids will grow up without there Granny and never know her - they are still small - i still need her!!
Does the pain ever get easier? how do i handle it - im very depressed and cant seem to accept the fact that she is gone  (

I know exactly how it feels. It does get easier, but usually after 6 months, 9 months, or a year. It becomes easier in time to remember everything that was great in your relationship, and not to dwell as much on the loss itself. Counselling can help, and your local hospitce should be able to recommend a grief counsellor.