Question
Posted by: Kris (age 22) | 2012/03/02

Losing weight rapidly

Hi - i recently lost A LOT of weight. I was a size 6  I am now a size 2, almost a size 0 &  it''s scary! My eating habits have changed: i do not have the appetite to eat home cooked meals such as curries etc.. However, i prefer eating fast food everyday (Cheeseburgers, fries, pizzas). Even with the large amount of fast food in take, i still have not gained weight. Is there any type of medication i could take to gain weight? I''m open to all possible options. Thank you.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Kris,
I am not a medical doctor, so I cannot suggest a medication here. Furthermore, you should be careful about trying medication or supplements until you have consulted with a medical doctor and had some blood tests to assertion exactly what the cause for your weight loss is. I assume that you have not recently commenced excessive exercise?
Regards,
Graham

2
Posted by: Jerelynn | 2012/03/12

I have been taking PeriActin, an anthystamine for years, it increased my appetite tremendously. The generic Cipla Actin is as effective, I have grown from a 6 to a 10 within 4 mths. My sons also take the same.

Reply to Jerelynn
Posted by: Eating Disorders Expert | 2012/03/06

Hi Kris,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders Expert