Question
Posted by: Ornet | 2012/05/10

Losing weight around the tummy

I''m 44 years of age and exercise regularly (running 4-5 times a week), however, I seem to sttruggle to reduce the size of my tummy. I guess that my diet conributes to my stubborn tummy. Please advice.

Ornet

Dear Ornet
It is a known fact that we human beings start depositing fat in the abdominal area as we get older! Your tendency to abdominal obesity may also be genetically determined. I don't know if you are a member of a gym if you go running 4-5 times a week, but it may help to also do some targeted exercises for your tummy, like sit-ups. Start off modestly and then increase how many sit-ups you do each day. Other options include treatments at certain beauty salons or liposuction (consult a plastic surgeon for the latter).
Best regards and keep up the good work with the running

1

Dear Ornet