Question
Posted by: sophia | 2012/04/19

losing weight

hi Doc

im a mother of 2, my 2nd is 6months old. ive never been big, ive alwasy weighed 50kg, even after my 1st pregnancy, after my 2nd ive been weighing 56kg and im 1.7 tall, ive been very happy with my latest weight (56kg) and dotn want to lose it, but becuase i had a baby i want to lose the fat aroudn the belly only, and just tone up the rest of my body. so i started doing Taebo, its been a week now and ive noticed that im losing weight, my jeans used to fit me so tight,but now they''re becoming loose. i dont want to lose weight,but jsut want to maintain my weight adn only lose teh belly fat, and me being tall i look underweight wen i weihg 50kg.

wat exactly do i need to do? is Taebo the right exercise or should i change to something else? what cani do to mainatain my current weight?

please help

Dear Sophia
Like Lin, one of the other Readers who sent in a question today, your weight of 56 kg for a height of 1.7 produces a BMI of 19,4 which is still in what is called the 'anorexic' range. I would be happier if you had a BMI of 22 and weighed 64 kg. However, you say that you are happy with the weight of 56 kg and sensibly don't want to lose any more, which the Taebo exercise now seems to be doing. I think Taebo is an excellent exercise for people wanting to lose weight, but in your case it may be better to rather do some work with weights and sit-ups for the tummy. If you continue with the Taebo, then make sure that you eat a bit more to compensate for the amount of energy you are using up for the exercise.

2
Posted by: sophia | 2012/04/20

thanks Doc

Reply to sophia

Dear Sophia