Question
Posted by: lia | 2012/03/20

losing weight

hi there, im struggling to loose abt 12kg after my baby in 2009, now i dnt have all the money for the ingredients most diets pages recommend but i am determine to lose the weight, what can i do besides exercising, im eating less of my normal food, included fruit and ive also changed to nor oil when cooking(as you can see all this asks no money at all) but it doesnt seem to work, keeping in mind that i am on the 2month birth control, not sure if this has a negative effect on me.

Hi Lia

Honestly, diet is going to be the most effective thing you can do. It's vital that you eat well - all the training in the world won't help if you don't combine it with a decent diet and so while I appreciate that some diets are expensive, I don't think that you should be looking at diets for the answer. You should rather be looking at how you can take your current eating and improve it, step by step. So the investment to see a dietician is well worth making.

That is an initial outlay, yes, but the subsequent costs are not as high - the dietician has to work within your budget and figure out ways to give you healthier alternatives without breaking the bank, that's part of their job and you need to say to them that you can spend say R400 a month, or whatever it is.

In terms of exercise, of course it is important and can have a really great effect, but it's more for health early on, and the weight benefits tend to come later only. Diet is far more effective, but again, it's not "dietiing", but rather eating better that you need to aim for.

3
Posted by: enardine mwila | 2012/04/24

side effect of herbex when you want to lose weight

Reply to enardine mwila
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/03/26

Hi Lia

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: joy precious | 2012/03/20

I need to lose weight, after much exercise and skipping from food in taking still nothing is changing in my body, please advice on what to do next. thank you so much.

Reply to joy precious