Question
Posted by: barbara | 2011/07/28

losing weight

i want to lose weight. give advise

Dear Barbara
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

6
Posted by: Raw | 2011/08/02

Have been only eating raw fruit and veg since beginning of July 2011, have a smoothie made with fresh veg and fruit and only add water, have a smoothie for breakfast and for lunch, I eat fruit in between if hungry and have a salad for either lunch or supper with some chicken, fish or boiled eggs. Have lost a total of 9.8kgs in a month, feel fantastic and energetic. And, it is healthy do a google search for green smoothies. Raw is best!!

Reply to Raw
Posted by: Hannalie Orren | 2011/08/02

My husband is 28, 1.98 meters tall and weighs ...im not sure. ANyway he complain''s to me that he goes to the gym eats right but doesnt loose weight? What can I do to help, encourage or what must he do to see better and faster results. He is realy in a depro state and its starting to effect his mood. Hes not fat, just tall and chubby around his lower waist and hes got some kind of man boobs as well... Please help!!

Reply to Hannalie Orren
Posted by: yvonne tembani | 2011/08/01

I want to loose 10kg''s what can I do?

Reply to yvonne tembani
Posted by: Lindy | 2011/08/01

Hi Doc.

I started going to the gym in January to try and loose some 25kg I gained during pregnancy, in the first three months I managed to lose 2kilos, I then started to work out with a personal trainer because I was afraid I would not last long without motivation, he worked me so hard, weights, cardio etc three times a week and I was so happy when I relalized that I was beginning to fit into my old clothes and the back pain had also disappeared but when he put me on the scale last week it showed that I had gained a kilo, I am so dissapointed what''s going on?

Reply to Lindy

Dear Barbara

Posted by: Lee | 2011/07/28

How much do you have to lose? Look at posts which Annemarie and I posted to Nicholine below yours.

Reply to Lee