Question
Posted by: Kristen | 2011/03/23

Losing weight

Hi CD, I am currently 4 months pregnant and before falling pregnant I weighed 48kg. At my last gynae appoinment I had lost 2kg because I struggled to keep my food down during the first 3 months. I started getting my appetite back but now I really struggle to eat anything because I can''t take the smell of it. Even my favourite cheese sandwich is a problem and I am really worried about losing anymore weight.

Hallo Kristen
You can try using Emetrol syrup for nausea, and avoid foods that make you nauseous. Try eating enough fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grain products and take a protein supplement (shake) with your meals if fish or chicken makes you nauseous. (Ask your pharmacist which ones are safe to use when pregnant)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/23

Hallo Kristen