Question
Posted by: Bottom-less | 2008/09/15

Losing my bottom

I'  ve noticed for the past few months that my bottom is getting smaller. Some say I should be lucky but I had a perfect bottom but it'  s dissapearing. It'  s not because I'  m losing weight or anything. For the past 7years my weight has always been between 49-51kg. Never more, never less.
Also, my tummy and love handles are getting bigger. It'  s not pretty. Picture big love handles and no bottom....yuck!!!

My bottom is getting smaller and it'  s not because I'  m losing weight.
At the same time my tummy and love handles are getting bigger and it'  s not because I'  m gaining weight.

Do you have any advise on how and why this is happening?
Please will you help me with exercise tips to make my bottom bigger and my tummy and love handles smaller?

Thanking you in advance.
Regards,

I've not heard this before! I must say, usually people have the exact opposite problem! Yours is unique, and I must say, I have no answer for it.

Ageing certanily has something to do with it, that's for sure, as you've discussed on the forum already. I think this is likely the big part of the problem, it does explain the loss of muscle mass, and the gradual increase in fat mass compared to lean muscle mass.

Exercise partly prevents it, and for that, you need to do specific exercises for the region in question. I don't know if you are at a gym or not, but if you are, then it's quite easy - the circuit has pretty much all you need, and then you can supplement with other exercises that target the glutes especially. For body weight training, things like squats, lunges are effective, but it's much easier to get into a gym and use specific machines. So that would be my advice.

2
Posted by: Leah | 2008/09/16

Mind you these changes are happening and yet my weight is not changing. That is the most confusing part. Your weight stays the same but the positioning of fatty deposits on your body changes. Same weight, different silhouette. Aaaargh!

Reply to Leah
Posted by: Leah | 2008/09/16

SAME PROBLEM!!!!

And I know the answer. It is that dreaded thing called...wait for it… ageing.

I am 34 and had a splendid body until this year. I gave birth 5 years ago and despite gaining 25 kg I managed to get my body back and was ecstatic. Then I noticed, about a year back, that my waist was thickening and my bum getting smaller. When you have always had an A-Grade a$$, this is terrible news. At the same time my waist started thickening, my tummy began sticking out somewhat. I have tried eating super healthy, upped my cardio, upped my weights. Still this new body will not go away. Once you eliminate bad diet or lack of exercise there can be only one explanation. THE AGEING PROCESS.

Clearly my metabolism has dipped and what happens to every woman eventually is beginning to happen to me. I am perpetually on the verge of bursting into tears... :(

Reply to Leah