Question
Posted by: Franco | 2009/09/26

Losing Muscle

Hello,

I am a 23 year old guy, 5ft 4 and was interested in losing muscle. I have not eaten for the past 3 days as I am not too sure what the right foods are that would help me with this, but I have been drinking water and taking vitamins. I know that this is not the healthy alternative because my body obviously needs to digest food etc.

My goal is to lose a certain amount of muscle and the start to maintain my body thereafter.

Please help as I have searched numerous sites and have found nothing on this topic.

Thank you.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Franco

I don’t know why you want to be so hard on yourself? And it certainly is not the healthy way! I suppose that is why you did not find much help on the topic! I will give you some guidelines in order to help you and to make sure you don’t completely do the wrong thing, but please note I don’t subscribe to these kind of actions.
In order to lose weight you need to obviously cut your calories drastically – which is what you did not eating for 3 days! I suggest that you reduce your intake of calories, thus focus on keeping the fats low (eat mostly good fats), eat mostly vegetables and drop your protein intake to very low as the muscles need protein as building blocks – this should do the trick, but PLEASE don’t continue to do this for more than three weeks as you will end up malnourished with so many metabolic problems that will make your life a misery! In fact I would rather you pay your medical Dr of a Dietitian a visit who could put you on a very low calorie diet, but one that is balanced in order
to do so under their care.

Take care.
Vanessa

1
Posted by: XOX | 2009/09/26

HOEKOM SAL JY MUSCLE WIL VERLOOR????? JY IS TOG N MAN EN DIT GEE JOU AL DIE VOORDELE WAT N VROU NIE HET NIE SOOS OM NIE SO GOU GEWIG AAN TE SIT NIE EN OM VINNIGER GEWIG TE KAN VERLOOR OOK.

Reply to XOX