Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2010-12-01

LOSING HAIR

HI DOCTOR, I WAS REALLY VERY ILL A FEW MONTHS AGO AND NOW I FIND THAT MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT IN CLUMPS IT HAS BEEN FALLING OUT SO MUCH THAT MY HAIR HAS BECOME EXTREMELY THIN. I AM SO WORRIED I WILL END UP BALD.I AM ON VARIOUS MEDICATIONS LIKE LASIX ,INHALERS STEROIDAL ONES LIKE FORVENT AND SYMBICORD, THYROID PILLS, ETC ETC EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD A THYROID PROBLEM FOR TWENTY YEARS IT HAS NEVER MADE MY HAIR COME OUT , OR VERY LITTLE, SO I DONT THINK IT IS THAT .I HAD HEART FAILURE AND MY LUNGS COLLAPSED A FEW MONTHS AGO COULD IT BE THAT WHICH IS CAUSING THIS OR THE MEDICATION? WHAT CAN I USE FOR IT ?.I AM DESPERATE AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO .. THANK YOU.

Hallo Worried
Yes, it could be the illness. Hair has a growth cycle of about 3 months, and up to 3 months after an illness you may experience hairloss. Just ensure that your thyroid treatment is still correct (have you had a thyroid test lately?), and check your iron levels (that it is not too low). Try adding Bergamot essence (1 bottle Lennons) in your shampoo and something like Alkod on the scalp to stimulate hairgrowth, with a good multivitamin like Nu-hair.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-01

Hallo Worried
dr Bets