Posted by: Varun | 2012-07-22

Losing erection while starting intercourse

Hello I am 22 year old and have a girlfriend recently we wanted to make out. After some forplay we intended to have intercourse but thing is that as soon as I start to insert my penis I lose my erection. This is the 4th time in this weak when I have faced a problem. I have erections in the morning and after a -|- but I don''t have an enough firmness so that I could do intercourse or I lose my erection as I start putting it inside the vagina . I''ve just started my real sex life and I am facing this problem. Another thing is that I had been masturbating for my many years and for the past 2.5 years I''ve been smoking as well. I don''t know what to do?

Dear Varun,

I would suggest you consider consulting a sex therapist. It is possible that you are developing the very common process of performance anxiety which a therapist could assist you with overcoming. It will be important that the therapist do a comprehensive assessment to confirm whether this is so and then assist you.

Posted by: John | 2012-08-02

I am 64 years young, i am on 4 types of chronic medication and suspect that this has something to do with my particular case. Also i can not orgasm and ejaculate readily.High Blood pressure,Cholesterol, Nerves and Type 2 Sugar Diabetes.

Reply to John
Posted by: Sam | 2012-07-23

That is a classical case of performance anxiety.....
Been there done that, tried different types of medication etc...
My advice to you would be to do something about it as soon as possible, or else the psychological scarrs of the countless embarassments you will endure will be unbearable.
Like you, I''m also young, 24, and experienced exactly the same thing, erections going numb just as I am about to penetrate, the looks of disappointment of girls faces still haunt me, but atleast I was open minded enough to do something about it, and so should you also be.
By the way, smoking is also bad for your sexual well being.
Get help, the sooner, the better.

Good Luck bro.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: billy | 2012-07-23

There can be many thing that is the course of not stiff enough. Make sure that your bladder is completly empty, when you insert do you think about any thing else(stress).Make your foreplay longer. This is just a few things,best is go and see your docter,you dont have to be shy, they hear these kind of things everyday. Best is to get yourself a young docter as he/she will understand.Not that old docter does not know,but it is easier to talk to someone young as you are young.

Reply to billy